Cherry Choc Slice
The Healthy Coconut(Rockpool Publishing $34.99), by Jenni Madison is now available at all good bookstores and online at https://www.rockpoolpublishing.com.au/the-healthy-coconut
- BASE: 10 x Medjool dates, pitted and soaked for 4 hours
- ¼ cup flax seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tbs maca powder
- 2 tbs cacao powder
- ¼ tsp vanilla bean powder
- FILLING: 1 cup Coconut Magic desiccated coconut
- ¾ cup Coconut Magic coconut oil
- 1½ cups frozen cherries
- 1 tbs Coconut Magic coconut nectar
- CHOCOLATE TOPPING: ½ cup cacao powder
- ½ cup Coconut Magic coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup Coconut Magic coconut nectar
- Pinch vanilla bean powder
- Pinch of pink salt
Blend all ingredients in a food processor until it forms a ball.
Press the mixture into a pan lined with baking paper and refrigerate.
Process all ingredients until well combined. This forms the second layer of the slice – press this on top of the base. Return slice to fridge.
Blend all ingredients. This makes the third layer of the slice.
Return slice to fridge or freezer for a few minutes before slicing into narrow pieces.
Serves 10 –12 slices + prep: 30 min. cooling: 10 –15 min. soaking: 4 hr.
Jenni Madison discovered the benefits of coconut oil while living in Thailand in 2009. She is the founder of Coconut Magic and author of The Healthy Coconut .